Tasmanian Roadside Assistance App Terms & Conditions
By downloading or using the app, these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you read them carefully before using the app. You’re not allowed to copy, or modify the app, any part of the app, or our trademarks in any way. You’re not allowed to attempt to extract the source code of the app, and you also shouldn’t try to translate the app into other languages, or make derivative versions. The app itself, and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, still belong to Tasmanian Roadside Assistance
TRA are committed to ensuring that the app is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the app or to charge for its services, at any time and for any reason.
The Tasmanian Roadside Assistance app stores and processes personal data that you have provided to us, in order to provide my Service. It’s your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the app secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or tamper with your phone, which can be the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device. It could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features and it could mean that the Tasmanian Roadside Assistance app won’t work properly or at all. TRA in no way will take responsibility for damage or malicious activity as a result of using the app.
You should be aware that there are certain things that will not take responsibility for. Certain functions of the app will require the app to have an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by your mobile network provider, but cannot take responsibility for the app not working at full functionality if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, and you don’t have any of your data allowance left.
If you’re using the app outside of an area with Wi-Fi, you should remember that your terms of the agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the app, or other third party charges. In using the app, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the app outside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the app, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the app.
Along the same lines, TRA cannot always take responsibility for the way you use the app i.e. You need to make sure that your device stays charged – if it runs out of battery and you can’t turn it on to avail the Service, cannot accept responsibility
With respect to your responsibility for your use of the app, when you’re using the app, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavour to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you. accepts no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly on this functionality of the app.
At some point, we may wish to update the app. The app is currently available on Android and iOS – the requirements for both systems (and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. TRA does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the iOS/Android version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you, We may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
Changes to This Terms and Conditions
I may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. I will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
30 day Free Trial terms and conditions (if applicable)
Terms and conditions for using the free 30 day trial may override standard terms and condition stated above, at the discretion of Tasmanian Roadside Assistance, and is subject to change at any time without notice to the user of the app.
The offer is only valid for the first 30 days of the app being installed for the first time, and only the first time, the 30 day free trial will not be valid upon reinstall of the app. The free 30 day trial is not registered to the phone or communication device that it is installed on, it is registered to a person over the age of 18 and with a valid driver’s licence.
The following conditions are not negotiable and are subject to change at any time with or without written or published notice.
- The free 30 day trial is only offered on selected jobs at specific times as outlined below
- Jump start of a vehicle within the city limits of Launceston city and Hobart city, within business hour 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday for the first 30 days that the app is installed for the first time.
- Tyre change of a vehicle within the city limits of Launceston city and Hobart city, within business hour 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday for the first 30 days that the app is installed for the first time.
- Free roadside assistance is only available for use once within the 30 day free trial, on selected services (jumpstart and tyre change)
- The 30 day free trial is valid for only one roadside assistance attendance on selected jobs (Jumpstart and Tyre change) as outlined in provision 1 within the 30 day free trial period, within the city limits of Launceston city and Hobart city, within business hour 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday for the first 30 days that the app is installed for the first time.
- Attendance is defined for use with this document as attending a roadside assistance call out.
- No other services are offered under the 30 day free trial other than those outlined in provision 1 of the Tasmanian Roadside Assistance 30 day free trial terms and conditions.
- Tasmanian Roadside Assistance reserves the right to deny service to any person or company that does not fulfil any or all of the terms and conditions that are laid out in this document.